I don't usually participate in this crazy thing that we call New Year's Resolutions, because I'd like to think that I always try to practice good habits and a healthy lifestyle on a daily basis. I think it's kind of funny how gym usage goes way up in January, only to slough off in February and the remainder of the year. However, I've gotten into a few bad habits lately that I want to curtail and this is a great time to put pen to paper and list out my goals so that I'll have some accountability for myself.
So without further adieu, here is my list of New Year's Resolutions for 2012:
- Stop eating potato chips. So I admit, I've probably eaten a few too many chips over the last year. It's probably my all time favorite snack food. I always joke that you could place a plate full of cake or cookies or chocolate next to me and I have absolutely no desire to eat them. But place a bowl of potato chips next to me and I could easily eat them all!
- Start exercising again at least 3 times a week. I used to be religious about exercising at least 3 - 4 times per week, but I've gotten a little lax lately. I just got the Wii Fit with Balance Board for Christmas so I'm gonna start doing a little yoga and strength exercises at least 3 nights a week.
- Start walking on my lunch break at least 3 days a week. This is something I used to do consistently as well, then we started having meetings 3 days a week from noon to 1 so it became harder to do it consistently. In February I'll be moving to a different project team so my lunch hours should clear up and I'll make it a point to walk more often at lunch.
- Try to eat more organic food. Within budget, of course. Organic food can be expensive, so you have to be selective. I think there are certain fruits and veggies that are OK to not eat organic, and there are others where you really should try to eat organic because the toxic residue from the pesticides are very high (do a Google search on "Dirty dozen organic food" and you'll see several articles).
- Post to my blog more often! I forgot how much of an outlet writing can be so I'm gonna make it a point to write more often.
How about you? What is on your list of New Year's Resolutions? Please share via the comments below.